JDBC Driver

From: Luise Massimo <mluise(at)computercenter(dot)it>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC Driver
Date: 2001-01-11 15:38:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dear all,
i have found a strange thing on rpm distribution of postgresql jdbc driver
versione 7.0.2 and 7.0.3:
JDBC specification say that "ResultSet.absolute( 1 )" is equivalent to
"ResultSet.first()".
With the postgresql jdbc driver found in rpm distribution this is not true:
ResultSet.absolute( 1 ) return the second row of the set.
I suppose that this problem happens because the Vector implementation of
ResultSet is 0-based while ResulSet spec is 1-based.

I have recompiled the jdbc drive from 7.0.3 source distribution and the
problem is disappeared.
I hope this help. Sincerely Massimo Luise.