Re: reteptools.jar

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reteptools.jar
Date: 2001-03-20 16:34:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Quoting "Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 05:00:12PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> > >
> > > I am told you can re-release LGPL stuff with a BSD license. You
> just
> > > need to up the version number and put a BSD license on it.
> >
> > I don't think so. But since Peter M. is the author of the library, he
> can
> > re-release it under any license any number of times.
>
> I nominate Peter E. as domain expert on license questions. [must keep
> straight face... dang] ;->
>
> That's my understanding, as well: it's Peter M.'s code, he can
> re-license
> however he sees fit (can't remove the existing license for any
> particular
> version, though, unless that license has a termination clause, which
> neither LGPL nor BSD have)

Agree with you there entirely.

PS: Why did I release them this way, well look how quiet I've been the last two
weeks (on the list). Work got a bit too busy to do anything ;-) I didn't want
the code (and there's a lot more waiting to be merged in). Anyhow, as 90% of
them are PostgreSQL or JDBC specific this was the best place to put them.

--
Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/