Re: A gentle plea

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Rodger Donaldson <rodger(at)diaspora(dot)gen(dot)nz>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A gentle plea
Date: 2010-02-03 18:35:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 15:33, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> wrote:

> pgCan is coming up ... how much are these things selling for?  Maybe look at
> doing an 'advance buy before the show' sort of thing?

We sell them for €25 each. (that's for the small elephant, the one we
usually sell out. The big elephant is a lot more expensive, iirc they
go for €100)

As long as there is a big enough order so that it makes sense to ship,
that can certainly be done. But they're big enough that you can only
bring very few in your luggage unless you bring special luggage for
it...

> There really should be some sort of 'merchandising' page off of
> http://www.postgresql.org that highlights stuff like this ... seems a waste
> to design it, produce it, but only be able if someone can get to a show :(

Nah. Merchandise store for some things, sure, but having some things
available only if you participate somewhere gives it more exclusivity.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/