Re: pgsql: Make RADIUS authentication use pg_getaddrinfo_all() to get

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Make RADIUS authentication use pg_getaddrinfo_all() to get
Date: 2010-02-03 06:10:15
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Wednesday, February 3, 2010, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> mha(at)postgresql(dot)org (Magnus Hagander) writes:
>> Make RADIUS authentication use pg_getaddrinfo_all() to get address of
>> the server.
>
> Looks like the mingw machines don't have in6addr_any.

*grumble*

> Perhaps instead of depending on magic constants, you should have the
> code use what "localhost" resolves as, comparably to pgstat.c.

Uh, but those are not the same. If we bind to localhost we can't
communicate with non-localhost addresses. inadds_any corresponds so
0.0.0.0/0 which you are specifically *not* supposed to use - you
should use the magic constant and not a manual such. And I don't know
if there is a symbolic name that corresponds to it at all?

Pgstat only talks locally so that's a completely different thing.

/Magnus

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/