Re: krb_server_keyfile setting doesn't work on Windows

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: krb_server_keyfile setting doesn't work on Windows
Date: 2010-01-01 14:57:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 00:57, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> 2009/12/31 Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Isn't the main backend linked with msvcr71.dll anyway?
>>
>> What main backend directly links is msvcr80 or msvcr90
>> according to the msvc build environment.
>
> Arrgh. My bad, I thought msvcr71 was vs2005. Now that you put it like
> this, I know it's vs2003.
>

>>> Then the
>>> regular putenv should put it in th eenv of  msvcr71.dll, and the stuff
>>> that's wrapped through src/port/win32env.c will put it in the regular
>>> msvcr file.
>>>
>>> I wonder if you're possibly being hit with the bug I patched the other
>>> day, but didn't backpatch.
>>> (http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=f8bcd7220b1166f7c037ceaf0a53958cbc6a7630).
>>>
>>> Can you see if that fix solves your problem as well? (Either directly
>>> or by testing HEAD)
>>
>> I'm testing using the current cvs.
>>
>>> If not, the fix should still go in win32env.c, not directly in auth.c
>>
>> I don't object to it. Possibly we would have to add msvcr80 or
>>  msvcr90 as well in the future.
>
> To be safe, yes, we should have that. Do you want to work on such a
> complete solution, or should I look at it?

Mail to you seem not to be properly delivered atm :-( Hopefully you
can read this through the list.

I've applied a patch that should fix this problem, by always updating
*all* available msvcrt libraries. Please check that it solves your
problem as well.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/