Re: Can we hide data from the superadmin

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tarun Sharma <tarun(dot)sharma(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can we hide data from the superadmin
Date: 2009-12-29 11:02:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2009/12/29 Tarun Sharma <tarun(dot)sharma(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>:
> hi
>
> when a superuser is logged in to the postgres server ,he has priveledge to access all the databases.
>
> can we hide the structure of some of the databases from the superuser?
> like if he gives command to open such a database the postgres may ask for access password again.

You can use pg_hba.comf to lock down which database the superuser can
access. And then have one superuser for each database, or something
like that. But once you're in the database, you have full access.

Which is a good reason to never hand out superuser privileges, yes :-)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/