RE: libpq++ and gcc

From: Joris Esch <joris(dot)esch(at)esat(dot)kuleuven(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: libpq++ and gcc
Date: 1998-10-07 12:46:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello everybody:

KaDe wrote:

Did you get an answer ?

I think the problem is a question of path ...
you have to add something as -L.. -pq -pq++ as parameters for your gcc
command.
I can't remember precisely, have a look in the makefile of the libpq++
directory and try to guess.
I resolved the problem of the path access copying all the headers files of
postgres 1 level of directory upper.
I'm sure there is a smarter way, but I've not yet found it.

I hope this can help you:

in /etc/profile, i have:
PGLIB=/usr/lib
export PGLIB

My headers are in /usr/include. There i have a libpq++.h which i
#include.

Then, when i compile i type e.g.:

c++ test_pgsql_libpq++.cpp -o test_pgsql_libpq++ -lpq++ -lpq (Lowercase L)

If your headers are elsewhere, try -I/my_header_directory (Uppercase i ).

I use egcs, but it doesn't differ much from gcc, i think.

good luck
joris
--
joris esch, student in electrical engineering
Power is knowledge.