Re: Remove pg_stat_progress_vacuum from Table 28.2

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove pg_stat_progress_vacuum from Table 28.2
Date: 2017-04-07 00:53:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2017/04/07 0:56, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> It seems pg_stat_progress_vacuum is not supposed to appear in the table
>> titled "Collected Statistics Views". It was added by c16dc1aca. Attached
>> patch fixes that.
>
> Instead, it should appear in the table of "Dynamic Statistics Views"
> because it reports dynamic info, i.e., progress, about VACUUM activity?

I thought the same at first, but then realized we have a entirely separate
section 28.4. Progress Reporting. So it may not be necessary to keep it
anywhere in 28.2.

In fact I also proposed [1] to move the descriptions of "Dynamic
Statistics Views" to a new section within the same chapter.

Thanks,
Amit

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/70cd6b98-7c3f-e368-04ed-e053d18b7d81%40lab.ntt.co.jp