Re: [HACKERS] Re: Informix on Linux

From: dg(at)informix(dot)com (David Gould)
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart)
Cc: NARAYANI(at)Inf(dot)COM, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Informix on Linux
Date: 1998-08-07 18:41:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > did you try informix SE on linux ? could you install it on red hat 4.2
> > ? i'll be installing red hat 5.0 on my machine and would like to know
> > if informix SE works with red hat.
> >
> > oracle too has come up with a version on Linux, but of course its not
> > for free!!
>
> I received a message back from Informix and they said that it appears
> that it will run on RH5.0/5.1 without trouble, since the libc5 libraries
> are present. This is based on reports from users since they have not
> finished testing it themselves yet. It already officially runs on RH4.2.
>
> I haven't had a chance to try running it myself yet.
>
> - Tom

I would like to point out that Informix SE for Linux is available TODAY
from our website. Oracle for Linux is planned for the end of the year.

I think our shipping SE version beats their latest and greatest vapor. ;-)

-dg

David Gould dg(at)illustra(dot)com 510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software (No, really) 300 Lakeside Drive Oakland, CA 94612
- If simplicity worked, the world would be overrun with insects. -