Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-05-31 08:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 1998, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Perhaps the real lesson to be learned is that a little more effort
> > should be expended on the regression tests. I have a couple of
> > suggestions:
> >
> > 1. As far as I've seen there is no documentation on how to create
> > regression tests. This should be documented and made as easy as
> > possible, to encourage people to create tests for missing cases.
> >
> > 2. System variations (roundoff error differences, etc) create spurious
> > test complaints that make it hard to interpret the results properly.
> > Can anything be done to clean this up?
>
> See the expected/int2-FreeBSD.out and similar files...I've done
> what I can with the 'spurious test complaints...

Thanks. One question, is there any reason we can't use the intx tests on
all the platforms? I realize that float it another set of problems, but it
seems that int should be be the same?

-dg

David Gould dg(at)illustra(dot)com 510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software 300 Lakeside Drive Oakland, CA 94612
- A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.