RE: Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Re sult Sets

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Ramachandra K(dot)B(dot)S" <ram(at)meritsystems(dot)com>
Cc: "'Peter T Mount'" <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, Michael Stephenson <mstephenson(at)tirin(dot)openworld(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Re sult Sets
Date: 2001-01-26 12:34:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Quoting "Ramachandra K.B.S" <ram(at)meritsystems(dot)com>:

> Quoting Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>

> Resultset'
> > > PostgreSQL
> result
> > > set
> > >
> > > One of us is confused.
> > >
> > > 'TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE' ResultSets are already supported in the
> > > PostgreSQL 7.0.3 release drivers (jdbc2). ie previous(), next(),
> > > relative(), absolute(), afterLast(), beforeFirst(), isAfterLast(),
> > > isBeforeFirst(), isFirst(), isLast(), last() are all implemented.

> > > available
> > >
> > > Assuming we haven't got our wires crossed somewhere, yes, and yes.
>
> > Whops, my wires were crossed just now. I was thinking of
> UpdateableResultSet ;-)
> >
> > oh hum...
>
> Wires are only somewhat crossed.
>
> I was trying
>
> createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,
> ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
>
> Go the 'Method Not Implemented' error.

Fixed about 1 1/2 weeks ago in current cvs, as part of the initial
implementation of UpdateableResultSet.

> Tried variations with TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE and CONCUR_UPDATABLE, but
> got the same error.
>
> Checked the www.retep.org.uk site. It said Peter is working on
> scrollable result sets.

I've not had chance to update it since the domain moved.

> Hence I jumped to the conclusion that scrollable result sets (sensitive
> or insensitive) were not supported.

I actually found the other week loads of minor methods that were reporting this
when they shouldn't have.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/