From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
Date: 1998-03-21 01:00:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian writes:

> OK, tonight's mega-patch should be pretty close to the final patch. We
> had to have the Alpha fix, and I put in the other fixes that looked easy
> to understand. Most were port-specific cleanup people had posted.
>
> If it breaks, let Marc (Oh, no, I mean the hackers list) know.

I have decided based on some thought and some discussion with Bruce to hold
off trying to get the S_LOCK backoff change into the mega-patch. While it
is a nice idea, and I even have it all coded, I would like to do some extra
testing and paw around some other code a bit as there is a possibility of it
surfacing some problems with respect to the way signals are handled.

It could I suppose be put out for people to experiment with...

-dg

David Gould dg(at)illustra(dot)com 510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software (No, really) 300 Lakeside Drive Oakland, CA 94612
- I realize now that irony has no place in business communications.