Re: Bug in ExecModifyTable function and trigger issues for foreign tables

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ildus Kurbangaliev <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bug in ExecModifyTable function and trigger issues for foreign tables
Date: 2017-06-16 10:45:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2017/06/16 19:26, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> Also, I don't see any discussion about my concern [3] about a parent
> with child from multiple foreign servers with different FDWs. So, I am
> not sure whether the patch really fixes the problem in its entirety.

The patch would allow child tables to have different foreign servers
with different FDWs since it applies rewriteTargetListUD to each child
table when generating a modified query with that child table with the
target in inheritance_planner. I didn't any regression tests for that,
though.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita