Re: Fwd: JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Stanislas Pinte <stan(dot)pinte(at)wanadoo(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3
Date: 2001-01-16 17:21:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Quoting Stanislas Pinte <stan(dot)pinte(at)wanadoo(dot)be>:

> I confirm the bug, we experience the same. I haven't heard anything from
>
> peter too.

I've been suffering from email problems, one very sick Linux box (2 more dead
SCSI drives), and problems with both London Underground and Trains causing me
not to have much time when I get home.

This meant that as of last night I've almost got my development system back up
and running and should be back in action (unless something else goes wrong).

Peter

> Stan.
>
> >Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:20:11 -0500 (EST)
> >From: Stu Coates <stu_coates(at)mail(dot)com>
> >To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
> >Subject: JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3
> >Sender: pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> >
> >I reported a JDBC bug in the 7.1 beta1 release back in December and
> notice
> >that the same bug is still present in the current beta 3 sources. The
>
> >problem relates to nested cursors failing and is quite simple to
> >reproduce. A simple test case can be found at:
> >
> >http://www.twospuds.com/pg7-1b3-jdbc-bug.tar.gz
> >
> >The 7.0.2 JDBC drivers work fine against the 7.1b3 backend, with a
> little
> >tweaking for "long" rows.
> >
> >Peter (Mount) did acknowledge the bug but I have not heard anything on
> the
> >list since then. Is anyone looking at it? Come to think of it, I
> haven't
> >seen anything on the lists [HACKERS mainly] from Peter for a while.
> >
> >Stu.
> >--
> >Stu Coates
> >Chelmsford, England U.K.
> >ICQ:146628
> >http://www.stucoates.com/

> >FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
> >Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

> Stanislas Pinte
> Software engineer - Trademine-europe
> Tel: 00 32 486 67 78 86
> Fax: 00 32 2 706 59 34

Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
RetepPDF PDF library for Java: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf/