Where is locking done?

From: "Lawrence M(dot) Kagan" <larry(at)alliedinfosystems(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where is locking done?
Date: 2001-02-22 10:43:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's my dillema:

We are currently building a site with multiple machines to run our website
and client sites as well. I would like to run the postgres binary on 2
machines concurrently to assist in load balancing. $PGDATA will be kept on
a RAID 1+0. I need to know where postgres does it's row & table locking.
If it's done in memory, I've got some problems! If it's done at or near
the $PGDATA directory (which sounds like bad performance decision) that
would be piece of cake. Any advice or ideas on this issue would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Larry

--