PostgreSQL Array & Java

From: aerts_frederik(at)hotmail(dot)com (Frederik)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Array & Java
Date: 2004-05-30 22:49:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have a table that contains an array as one of its fields. When I'm
returning some results from the database (including that particular
field), the array is returned as a String. The thing is: I need an
array of Strings, not just one String.

My question: can PostgreSQL return an array of Strings or can it only
return a string. If it can only return one String, what would be the
best way to parse it in order to get the separate elements of the
array?

I hope I'm missing something simple here :o

Thans for your time,
Frederik