Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Paul A Vixie <vixie(at)vix(dot)com>, Vadim Kogan <vadim(at)xcf(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.
Date: 2001-10-16 14:32:36
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Seems this will have to wait for 7.3.

> Why?

Because Paul's not yet responded to my gripes of (now) 10 days ago.
The patch as given reverts the I/O behavior of the inet datatypes
to what it originally was, rather than the compromise behavior that
was hammered out at great length before 7.1. (I'd give a link to
those discussions if fts.postgresql.org were working :-()

> and, to be a bit more riendly to those of us stuck on 56k lines, could you
> avoid re-sending, repeatedly, large patch files?

I agree on that one ...