problems with copy

From: "Steff" <stephane(dot)eveillard(at)netcourrier(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems with copy
Date: 2001-02-21 07:30:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I'm starting using PostgreSQL and want to import datas from my old database.
I've made ASCII delimited files and want to use the copy instruction.

Having the server started, I do the following :

> psql mydb
>copy table from 'myfile' using delimiters ';' ;

I'vegot an error saying that the backend server can't read myfile. I've
check rights on this file and every user can read this file.
I've created the table and checked that it exists.
Can someone help Me ??

Thanks in advance

Stephane