Restoring default privileges on objects

From: Stuart McGraw <smcgraw(at)mtneva(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring default privileges on objects
Date: 2023-08-29 01:23:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hello,

The Postgresql docs on object privileges,
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/ddl-priv.html
say this in regard to the output of the psql \dp command:

| If the “Access privileges” column is empty for a given object, it
| means the object has default privileges (that is, its privileges
| entry in the relevant system catalog is null). [...] The first GRANT
| or REVOKE on an object will instantiate the default privileges
| (producing, for example, miriam=arwdDxt/miriam) and then modify them
| per the specified request.

If I've done a GRANT or REVOKE on some of the tables, how do I restore
the default privileges so that the “Access privileges” appears empty
again? I re-granted what I think are the default privileges but the
"Access privileges" column for that table contains "user1=arwdDxt/user1"
rather than being blank. This is Postgresql-14.

Thanks for any suggestions!