Re: PostgreSQL Virtual Machines

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Virtual Machines
Date: 2008-04-12 03:15:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Mark Wong wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering what people thought about having virtual machines
> available for download (VMware, Xen, kvm, etc.) in addition to having
> livecd's? I figure at least the same basic idea as the livecd to have
> many PostgreSQL related software pre-installed and ready to run. I
> think it would be good to have more options for how PostgreSQL can be
> tried.

I suspect you're asking in order to get feedback on whether or not other
people think it's a good idea. Don't do that. Just do it.

Seriously.

If *you* think it's a good idea, go ahead. That's what is important.
What
*you* think. Just put one together, and put it out there. Then ask
people
what they time about that.

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/