Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

From: Andy Astor <andya(at)bigsql(dot)com>
To: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Marc Linster(at)EDB" <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, David Rader <davidr(at)openscg(dot)com>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Date: 2016-07-25 18:47:26
Lists: pgsql-www

I think it’s quite reasonable for a company to want to be identified in the title of the distro. As I wrote in my note a couple of weeks ago, I think we should want to balance (a) non-marketing/non-commercial with (b) making it very simple for the user to know what they’re looking at, in a fact-based way. I continue to believe that the community is well-served by organization-specific messages that are brief, fact-based, and understated.

Andy

Andy Astor
OpenSCG / BigSQL
+1.415.213.2500