Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.

From: a(dot)kozhemyakin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org
Subject: Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.
Date: 2022-09-25 13:49:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yes, with MAX_CONNECTIONS=1 and -O2 the function ginbulkdelete() is
reached while the vacuum test.
But my point is that after 4fb5c794e5 for most developer setups and
buildfarm members, e.g.:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2022-09-25%2001%3A01%3A13
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=tayra&dt=2022-09-24%2020%3A40%3A00
the ginbulkdelete() most probably is not tested.
In other words, it seems that we've just lost the effect of 4c51a2d1e4:
Add a test case that exercises vacuum's deletion of empty GIN
posting pages. Since this is a temp table, it should now work
reliably to delete a bunch of rows and immediately VACUUM.
Before the preceding commit, this would not have had the desired
effect, at least not in parallel regression tests.