Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x

From: rnturn(at)baxter(dot)com (Rick Turner)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x
Date: 2001-10-17 14:58:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks guys...

I was able to do employ the symbolic link trick to get my old
filesystems set up for use with 7.1's way of doing things and am glad
I don't /really/ need to remember what the heck is that mounted on
/opt/postgresql/data/base/19162, etc..

This would have been less of a PITB if it had been more obvious in the
v7.1 notes that something like the naming change was going to happen
and what the impact was going to be. I went back last night and
looked again and -- for the life of me -- still didn't see anything
except that one-line mention in the HISTORY which (obviously) didn't
raise any flags. I was only too happy to dump all the databases if it
meant that longer rows were going to be available but I sure felt
blindsided by this new naming scheme. At least there's a solution.
Thanks again.

BTW, anyone know how to put the hair back in once you've torn it out?