Re: CI and test improvements

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CI and test improvements
Date: 2023-03-13 06:39:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03.02.23 15:26, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> rebased, and re-including a patch to show code coverage of changed
> files.

This constant flow of patches under one subject doesn't lend itself well
to the commit fest model of trying to finish things up. I can't quite
tell which of these patches are ready and agreed upon, and which ones
are work in progress or experimental.

> e4534821ef5 cirrus/ccache: use G rather than GB suffix..

This one seems obvious. I have committed it.

> 9baf41674ad pg_upgrade: tap test: exercise --link and --clone

This seems like a good idea.

> 7e09035f588 WIP: ci/meson: allow showing only failed tests ..

I'm not sure I like this one. I sometimes look up the logs of
non-failed tests to compare them with failed tests, to get context to
could lead to failures. Maybe we can make this behavior adjustable.
But I've not been bothered by the current behavior.