Off-cycle back-branch releases next week

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Off-cycle back-branch releases next week
Date: 2018-02-21 15:28:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We will make a set of minor releases next week, ie wrap tarballs
Monday 2/26 for announcement Thursday 3/1.

The reason for this unusual scheduling is that an external security
researcher found a problem and did not wish to wait for our next
quarterly releases before publishing his results. So we compromised
on this timing.