pl/perl and security

From: "CMVV" <cmvilaverde(at)mail(dot)telepac(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pl/perl and security
Date: 2001-02-06 13:22:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I have discovered that in pl/perl we cannot make use of file handling.
The README file in ../pl/plperl give us an hint with an example of a
badfunc().
What are the security reasons to do so, since with postgresql extensions
(functions) written in C language we can do anything with flat files ?
Can this security issue with pl/perl be overrided ?
If so, how can i hack it ?
It will be so nice to manage files from server-based functions written in
pl/perl.
Thanx

Hugo Longo