PostgreSQL on Linux and Solaris comparison

From: chris(dot)lo(at)cyberwisdom(dot)net (Chris)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL on Linux and Solaris comparison
Date: 2002-10-31 08:56:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using PostgresSQL 7.1.3 on both Linux and Solaris envrionment.
Development is using the Linux and production is using Solaris. I
experienced that the perfomrance on Solaris is much worse than Linux.
For example, the same query executed 9 seconds on Solaris and only 1
seconds on Linux.

Is there any help upgrading the 7.1.3 to 7.2.3? Or how can I do some
performance tunning on Solaris?

Thanks.
Chris