Re: User Defined Functions/AM's inherently slow?

From: Eric Ridge <ebr(at)tcdi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: User Defined Functions/AM's inherently slow?
Date: 2004-03-29 06:01:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I don't have the original thread in my inbox anymore, so for reference:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF
-8&selm=20129.1074484755%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Tom Lane last said:
> I have committed a patch into CVS HEAD --- give it a try.

It took me awhile, but I finally got around to trying this (by plopping
it into my 7.4 sources), and yes, the hashlookup does significantly
improve the performance of calling "C" functions. I agree with your
commit message that they're now roughly on par with built-in functions.

thanks!

eric