Re: Links for press page ... where will these things be?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Links for press page ... where will these things be?
Date: 2004-12-02 17:53:23
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> On Thursday 02 December 2004 01:30, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/HISTORY.html
>>
>> Presumably these will be somewhere in the new official docs once 8.0 is
>> canned?

> I only suggested that since it is what we linked to in the 7.4 press release,
> but if the information is duplicated in the docs I've no problem linking
> there instead. Can you verify the info at the above URL with what is in the
> 7.4 docs?

Yeah, that is just a repackaging of the Release Notes section of the
docs. It would be reasonable to point to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/release.html
instead.

You could also make an argument for pointing to the development-tip version
of the release notes:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html
because it is more likely to be up-to-date than any static copy of the
documentation.