Re: Upgrade to 8.3.0?

From: "Shane Wright" <shane(dot)wright(at)edigitalresearch(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 8.3.0?
Date: 2008-02-29 21:31:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom

Many thanks :)

I've tried to find this out for myself but have failed :(

I'm assuming that the default RPMs for RHEL 4 (on ftp.postgresql.org) are not built with --enable-cassert - and that I can veryify this by using the same reproduction case you demonstrated in the bug history?

(I should just get the memory allocation error on attempting to vacuum full - instead of an assertion failing and bringing down the whole PostgreSQL server (panic?))

Please could you confirm my assertion (sic) is correct?

(I get this behaviour on my test server and all appears to be ok)

Kind regards

Shane