Re: copy problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: garrett(at)dangerimp(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: copy problem
Date: 2004-02-15 18:41:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Garrett Dangerfield <dangerimp(at)cox(dot)net> writes:
> I am trying to load a data file into a table using the copy command.

> When I do it on a small subset of the data (gotten using the Linux head command) it all works fine, but when I run it on the full dataset, I get the following error:
> ERROR: repalloc: invalid request size 1073741824
> WARNING: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

This looks like a corrupt-data sort of problem. You could probably
identify a particular line of the COPY data as causing the failure,
if you were to break the source file down into smaller and smaller
segments. Please do that and show us the offending line (as well
as your table definition and PG version...)