Re: Windows download not working in IE11

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: infrastructure(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows download not working in IE11
Date: 2017-12-01 06:03:02
Lists: pgsql-www

On 2017-12-01 03:48, Noah Misch wrote:
> My configuration is Windows Server 2016 with Internet Explorer 11.
> (This is
> available on your favorite cloud provider.) I get the problem whether
> or not
> I disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
>
> From https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/ I navigated to
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads#windows
> and selected "PostgreSQL 10.1" and "Windows x86-32". Form submit took
> me to
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/thank-you-downloading-postgresql?anid=1255578
> but
> did not yield a file download prompt.
>
> I do get a download if I click "postgresql-10.1-win64.exe" on
> https://www.openscg.com/bigsql/postgresql/installers.jsp. I do get a
> download
> if I use Firefox.
>
> http://www.whatarecookies.com/cookietest.asp believes that I do have
> cookies
> enabled. Disabling the popup blocker did not help.

As a data point, I just tried that same URL (by clicking in your email),
chose
PG 10.1 and Win x86-32. That showed the same thank you page, but a
second or
two later also popped up the save dialog for the installer.

That's with using Firefox 57.0 on Fedora 25 x64, in case it helps. With
UBlock
Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, and Privacy Badger active.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift