Select into

From: Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <gavinb(at)eclinic(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select into
Date: 2008-03-20 09:57:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Everyone,

I have asked our DBA at work and h is not too sure either... so I
thought it best to on the list.

Basically, what I am after is a way to copy the contents of one record
into another.
Something like select into; but where the destination record already
exists, as opposed to creating a new record.

Thanks in advance for anything you might come up with.

Warmest regards,
Gavin Baumanis