Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Properly unregister OpenSSL callbacks when libpq is done with

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Properly unregister OpenSSL callbacks when libpq is done with
Date: 2008-12-08 20:45:58
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

[ still catching up on back email ]

mha(at)postgresql(dot)org (Magnus Hagander) writes:
> Properly unregister OpenSSL callbacks when libpq is done with
> it's connection. This is required for applications that unload
> the libpq library (such as PHP) in which case we'd otherwise
> have pointers to these functions when they no longer exist.

I find it fairly disturbing that this patch was committed with a bug
that ensured it wouldn't even compile for the case of SSL and
THREAD_SAFETY both enabled. Which one would think would have been
the primary case to test. Would anyone like to reassure us why this
patch shouldn't just be reverted in toto until it's actually been
tested a bit?