Re: [GENERAL] RE: stat failed on /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so; no file or directory

From: Yury Don <yura(at)vpcit(dot)ru>
To: "Ed Bras" <e(dot)bras(at)hccnet(dot)nl>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] RE: stat failed on /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so; no file or directory
Date: 2000-01-24 05:50:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Ed,

Once, Friday, January 21, 2000, 11:47:07 PM, you wrote:

EB> I can do a ls /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so with no problem.
EB> By the way:
EB> 1: I am using Red hat 6.0 with kernel 2.2.52.
EB> 2: What shloud be the rights and the ownership of the plpgsql file and those
EB> of the directories where it in ? (I haven't changed any of these after the
EB> installation).

EB> Please let me know if anyone has any ideas ?

EB> Regards,
EB> Ed Bras

I had the same problem and I resolved it by changing mklang_pl.sql
file in /usr/lib/postgresql/lib. I have changed there path to
plpgsql.so, there was something like

create function plpgsql_call_handler() returns opaque
as '$POSTGRESDIR/plpgsql.so'
language 'C';

and I have changed this to

create function plpgsql_call_handler() returns opaque
as '/usr/lib/postgresql/lib/plpgsql.so'
language 'C';

and then droped pgsql language and reran mklang_pl.sql

Best regards,
Yury ICQ 11831432
mailto:yura(at)vpcit(dot)ru