Re: WIP: long transactions on hot standby feedback replica / proof of concept

From: Ivan Kartyshov <i(dot)kartyshov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: long transactions on hot standby feedback replica / proof of concept
Date: 2017-10-24 07:56:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello. I made some bugfixes and rewrite the patch.

Simon Riggs писал 2017-09-05 14:44:
> As Alexander says, simply skipping truncation if standby is busy isn't
> a great plan.
>
> If we defer an action on standby replay, when and who will we apply
> it? What happens if the standby is shutdown or crashes while an action
> is pending.

After crash standby server will go to the nearest checkout and will
replay
all his wal`s to reach consistent state and then open for read-only
load.
(all collected wal`s will be replayed in right way, I meant wal`s that
truncates table and wal`s that make table grow)

--
Ivan Kartyshov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
standby_truncate_skip_v4.patch text/x-diff 8.4 KB