Re: An XSLT example script

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An XSLT example script
Date: 2020-04-23 09:40:22
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 2020-04-21 21:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 08:10:09PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 2020-04-14 10:03, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
>>> The example "XSLT Stylesheet for Converting SQL/XML Output to HTML" is
>>> tagged as <figure>, but it isn't a figure, it's an example script.
>>
>> It's not an example, it's an actual script that you are supposed to use.
>
> Uh, the text said "example", and all the other figures we had used SVG
> files, so it didn't see to match our other markup.
>
>>> The
>>> PDF output contains lists for examples, figures and tables and shows it
>>> in the wrong list. We should change the tagging.
>>
>> Why is it wrong to make this a figure?
>
> I thought figure was just images. Was figure really right, or something
> else? This is the only script we use? programlisting maybe?

Maybe it's just easier to remove the wrapping in either <figure> or
<example> if that is confusing.

But I request that the backpatching of this be reverted. This would
renumber all the other examples and/or figures, and then it won't be
clear what future bug reports will refer to. This issue isn't that
drastic to make that worth it.