Re: initdb failure in CVS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: initdb failure in CVS
Date: 2004-05-05 19:53:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am seeing the following failure of initdb in CVS:
> FATAL: invalid value for parameter "client_encoding": ""

Hmm. Apparently the pg_unsetenv routine I put into initdb.c doesn't
work on your platform. Which is odd, because we've used exactly the
same technique to unset TZ in variable.c for years and years, and not
had any reports of trouble.

We might have to put configure to work to figure out how to do unsetenv
properly. Any thoughts?