Re: [Pgreplication-general] DBMIRROR and INSERT transactions lose

From: Michael Loftis <mloftis(at)wgops(dot)com>
To: Hervé Piedvache <herve(at)elma(dot)fr>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgreplication-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgreplication-general] DBMIRROR and INSERT transactions lose
Date: 2003-03-31 10:22:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Couple of things here. If I read you correctly after you COMMIT the first
part of the transaction goes quickly, but begins to slow down?

HAve you considered removing any indexes you have on the tables prior to
doing such a large insert and creating htem afterwards? It's much cheaper
like that.

Does this happen if you don't run DBMirror (IE local only) copy? I've
never used such large transactions myself before.

--On Monday, March 31, 2003 9:46 AM +0100 Hervé Piedvache <herve(at)elma(dot)fr>