RE: [INTERFACES] not translating a query properly. . .

From: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: "'JT Kirkpatrick'" <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] not translating a query properly. . .
Date: 1999-04-30 19:19:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I would suggest either changing the protocol from 6.3 to 6.4 in the
PostgreSQL ODBC driver. My other suggestion was to upgrade the PostgreSQL
ODBC driver but it sounds like you have already done that. I believe the
version you are seeing is the version of the ODBC driver and not the
database server. I am assuming you are using PostgreSQL 6.4.2 or better.

Booleans are another issue. Access97 treats boolean values as int2. It
expects a -1 for true and 0 for false. PostgreSQL treats them as a character
('t' for true and 'f' for false). This means that the word TRUE in Access97
is a -1 and not the 't' that PostgreSQL is expecting. You have two choices
the MS way or the PostgreSQL way. I converted all my booleans to int2 in
PostgreSQL. This was not my first choice but I did not have to change all
of the Access97 queries and code that interacted with boolean values.