RE: [INTERFACES] msaccess97 odbc insert problems

From: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: "'JT Kirkpatrick'" <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] msaccess97 odbc insert problems
Date: 1999-04-27 22:22:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

There are certain types of linked tables in Access97 where Access will not
allow updates. I have successfully updated tables that have been linked
together. This includes both local Access97 tables and PostgreSQL tables..
I would have to suggest that this is an Access97 issue. Turn on the logging
facility in the PostgreSQL ODBC driver look at c:\psql_odbc???.sql. This
could shed some light on the issue. I find the PostgreSQL odbc log file
very useful in resolving issues.