RE: [INTERFACES] [off-topic] Database normalization, can't be don e!

From: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] [off-topic] Database normalization, can't be don e!
Date: 1999-03-13 08:05:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I copy the unit cost and unit price into the invoice. This makes sure the
invoice does not change even though the inventory could change. May not be
normalized but this is necessary. The invoice still references the
Inventory so I can get the inventory name without storing it in the invoice.
I don't care if name of the item changes, I do care if the cost or price of
the item changes.