Re: Rework of the frmOptions window

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rework of the frmOptions window
Date: 2010-03-27 14:05:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since our frmOptions is so badly displayed, I've put some work on it:
>
>  * Sizers everywhere!
>  * Replace widgets with a wxDirPickerCtrl.
>  * Replace widgets with a wxFilePickerCtrl.
>  * Replace widgets with a wxFontPickerCtrl.
>  * Minimize the dialog size.
>
> Dave, if you have Snow Leopard, can you check this patch? if
> wxFontDialog is still broken on Mac OS X, I'll need to revert this git
> commit. Thanks.

Sure. There's an issue on the first tab, where the text at the bottom
is truncated. Other than that, it looks OK technically speaking, but
the controls (and form) are getting so wide they're starting to look
very 'in your face'. FWIW, Magnus was of a similar opinion when I
showed him the dialogue.

> Apart from this, seems good enough for me.

I think it's good enough to use. It certainly does need a rethink in
the longer term though.

--
Dave Page

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screen shot 2010-03-27 at 10.01.39.png image/png 122.6 KB