Re: What we still have to do for 1.12

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: What we still have to do for 1.12
Date: 2010-03-21 09:57:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Bruce wrote the release notes for 9.0, I read it to check if we still
> have a lot of things to do to fully support 9.0. We're not that far but
> we still have two major missing features.
>
> Here is the list of the work *I think* we still have to do before a 1.12
> beta 1 release:
>
>  * Support for 9.0:
>   * exclusion constraint (#118)
>   * default ACL (#99)
>   * deferrable unique constraint
>   * typed table (#135) ...     patch available, awaiting comments
>   * autonamed index (#158) ... patch available, awaiting comments

We also have an internal TODO item to update support for synonyms in
EDB, which have changed. Ashesh - any idea how long that might take?
It's ticket number FB9247.

>  * Support for 8.4:
>   * sql/med objects (#142)

Why? They don't do anything useful yet do they?

>  * To be fixed:
>   * frmQuery connection combobox layout
>   * frmOptions dialog layout

I was looking at the backup/restore dialogues the other day. I think
we should put the tabs back up at the top agin, as they look awful at
the bottom on the Mac. Thoughts?

> I tried many times to include the exclusion constraint support and the
> default ACL support, but couldn't get anything done. I also tried to
> work on the sql/med objects, but that too didn't work out. Maybe I'm
> just tired :/

Yeah, I know that feeling.

> I think I'm gonna work on the to-be-fixed issues and on the remaining
> bugs. I'll also apply the patches awaiting comments monday evening if
> no-one objects to it.

Go ahead.

> I don't know when we want to release beta 1. If we want that before 9.0
> beta 1 or really next to it, I'm gonna ask for help :)

We can probably push out an alpha for PG beta 1. We always get bags of
time once PG goes to beta.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do