What we still have to do for 1.12

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What we still have to do for 1.12
Date: 2010-03-20 16:49:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

As Bruce wrote the release notes for 9.0, I read it to check if we still
have a lot of things to do to fully support 9.0. We're not that far but
we still have two major missing features.

Here is the list of the work *I think* we still have to do before a 1.12
beta 1 release:

* Support for 9.0:
* exclusion constraint (#118)
* default ACL (#99)
* deferrable unique constraint
* typed table (#135) ... patch available, awaiting comments
* autonamed index (#158) ... patch available, awaiting comments

* Support for 8.4:
* sql/med objects (#142)

* To be fixed:
* frmQuery connection combobox layout
* frmOptions dialog layout

I tried many times to include the exclusion constraint support and the
default ACL support, but couldn't get anything done. I also tried to
work on the sql/med objects, but that too didn't work out. Maybe I'm
just tired :/

I think I'm gonna work on the to-be-fixed issues and on the remaining
bugs. I'll also apply the patches awaiting comments monday evening if
no-one objects to it.

I don't know when we want to release beta 1. If we want that before 9.0
beta 1 or really next to it, I'm gonna ask for help :)

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org