Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-08 08:57:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> You might have noted that part of the suggestion I was acting on here
> included making the project maintainers responsible (and able) to keep that
> info up to date.  At no point can it ever be the WWW team's responsibility
> to do that sort of thing--everybody knows that won't scale.

The problem is, they rarely do keep them up to date. We get the
occasional email requesting changes, but most people aren't checking
these things regularly enough to keep them up to date.

I'd also note, that the addition of an 'edit' option to the existing
pages would seem sensible, as opposed to the 'throw the bath out with
the water' approach of just moving it all to the wiki, where marketing
teams will have a field day making their products stand out.

--
Dave Page