Re: Next patch for 8.5 support: WHEN clause in CREATE TRIGGER

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next patch for 8.5 support: WHEN clause in CREATE TRIGGER
Date: 2009-11-25 08:48:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch to add the support for this new 8.5 functionality. Ticket is
> http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/99, commitfest item is
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=198.

Browsing the patch, I don't see anything too nasty :-)

> I don't really like the way I get the old WHEN clause, but I don't find
> another way.

I assume it's stored as a parsetree in the catalogs? It's not ideal to
extract it using a regexp, but it's not the end of the world.

> Another thing that bothers me is the text field: it's one line
> only. Perhaps a bit small?

Maybe - is there enough slack in the comment textbox to steal a line
or two, and add a vertical scrollbar?

--
Dave Page