Re: New minor release?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New minor release?
Date: 2009-09-08 09:27:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com> wrote:

> Yeah, I hit this problem as well. At this moment some build machine uses
> old SS12 version and some new one (I tested it with old compiler
> version), but next month all is going to switch to the latest one. I
> need it fixed asap, else new pgAdmin will be removed from Solaris :(.
> See http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10660
>
> The problem is with _T macro which has conflict with STL. something like
> #undef _T in pgAdmin sources should help. I will look on it and I hope
> send patch soon.

Ahh yes, that's exactly what I ran into. Patching pgAdmin alone
doesn't help me much though - it's wxWidgets I can't build and I
cannot download the older compiler from anywhere :-(

> I guess that Solaris 9 only bug is mostly GTK problem on Solaris 9 not
> Sparc specific, but who knows.

A number of the bugs reported look like they may all have one root
cause - namely that a combo box is not firing an item selected event,
which may well be GTK. That results in problems like selecting a
column to add to an index, but the 'Add' button remaining disabled.

On the plus side - I just had a call that my sparc box is going to
arrive earlier than expected; this Thursday :-)

--
Dave Page