Re: Database COMMENT in pgAdmin III v1.10.0 RC1

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Laurent Yaish <laurenty+pgadmin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database COMMENT in pgAdmin III v1.10.0 RC1
Date: 2009-06-27 18:18:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Laurent
Yaish<laurenty+pgadmin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> v1.10.0 RC1 does not display database comments in the SQL pane or in
> the properties window using postgresql 8.1.9
> The comment is displayed fine using pgadmin v1.8.4

Unfortunately, prior to PG8.2 there was no shared catalog for the
descriptions, so descriptions were stored in each database. pgAdmin
now performs database level modifications from outside each database
which is required for some operations. Overall, the current design is
more beneficial. I'm not sure there's an easy way to fix this without
creating a mess of code that's simply not worth it though.

--
Dave Page