Re: News moderation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: News moderation
Date: 2009-06-09 10:19:44
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Jaime
Casanova<jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Josh Berkus<josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> This isn't safe with someone we barely know, especially since
>> we're having difficulty enforcing approval policies anyway.
>>

> i could step up to be a moderator...

Thanks! The admin pages are at http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/.
I'll send you login details in a private email.

Please send a subscribe request to
pgsql-slavestothewww(at)postgresql(dot)org, which is where the moderation
messages get sent.

> what are our approval policies?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

For professional services, we just need to check the company lists
PostgreSQL someplace reasonably visible on their website, for example,
on a list of software supported, or even better, on the front page :-)

For doc comments, reject all spam, questions, support requests. Save
any useful suggestions for doc improvements (which don't in themselves
add to the usefulness of the page), and approve anything potentially
useful to users.

For software listings, they must be related to PostgreSQL somehow, and
in the appropriate category.

If you're not sure about anything, please ask.

Usage of the admin website is pretty self-explanatory. If your not
sure about anything - please ask.

Thanks again!

--
Dave Page